Inter-Branch account portability
Inter-Branch Account Portability is available in all our branches. Through this the customers can transfer their accounts between Branches up on their written request in the prescribed Format.
Accounts that can be transferred under this facility
- Current Accounts (Domestic, NRO, NRE)
- Savings Bank Accounts (Domestic, NRO, NRE)
- GramaJyothi Savings Bank Accounts.
- Recurring Deposit Accounts (Domestic, NRO, NRE)
- Fixed Deposits – FD (Domestic, NRO, NRE)
- KalpaVriksha Deposits – KVD (Domestic, NRO, NRE)
- All short term loan accounts except Gold Loans
- All term loan accounts
- All Cash Credit / Overdraft accounts
Accounts that cannot be transferred under this facility
- NithyaNidhi Deposit (NND) accounts
- GramaJyothi Savings Bank accounts with Smart Cards
- Savings Bank accounts with Smart Cards
- Gramin Tax Saver Deposits (FD GTS, KVD GTS)
- All types of Gold Loan Accounts.
Procedure for extending Inter-branch Account Portability facility
Customer/s desirous of transferring his/her/their account/s from one branch to another branch of SMGB shall submit a request in duplicate in prescribed Format, furnishing reasons for effecting such a transfer.
For More Details Please visit our nearest branch.